Friday, April 8, 2011

One Hour Friday

I had no idea what to make for One Hour Friday today, so I just sat down at my machine, surrounded by my fabrics, and hoped that inspiration would strike. The Nate Berkus show was on (love that show!) and I got temporarily distracted by the "5 decorating must-haves". I think I was putting off deciding what to make. Then I looked around the room and saw books on the bookcase and it came to me - I needed to make a bookmark. The book I'm currently reading on my nightstand currently has an old supermarket receipt holding my page, but I'm a quilter - I should be able to do better than a receipt!

One hour later and I have my fancy little bookmark...




SO much nicer to look at than the receipt. And look - you can use it in different books and it still looks good!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have just finished reading that Elm Creek quilts book. I'm looking for book 4 but my local library doesn't stock it!!

I don't want to buy it when I have vowed at the begining of this year not to buy any more books.

em's scrapbag said...

Love the cute little bookmark!

SO I'M Anna Fogg, an eclectic kinda gal said...

YOU should have made one with a Birthday cake on it! Happy Day to you my sweet lovely best cyber friend on the planet.

Teresa said...

I love the bookmark - its fun to have special things like that that no one else has. Also, thanks for the tutorial on the stems. I do the same sort of thing - love those bias bars.