Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Corporate Art Collection

*Posts this week are bought to you by my hubby while I'm on the road. Enjoy!

Art in office spaces always interests me. It's difficult to choose art for a corporate space because so many themes that are common in art can't be used. You can't use nudity, religious art, or political themes. I'm lucky enough to work for a company with a large art collection. Here are a few of the pieces right around where I work.


now that one looks like a boring photo of rocks, but it's actually a pencil drawing, it's amazing. I walked past it for two years before someone told me it was pencil.



Yes the corporate art collection also includes quilts. And those are on the wall close to my desk. So even at work I am surrounded by quilts.

4 comments:

Dresden Lane said...

Did you just get a new job? I am confused!

Brenda said...

Yeah, since when do you "work"? LOL!

Sue said...

What a great choice of subject matter and how wonderful to have quilts in a corporate space. I once worked for a firm that hired their art work and it changed every few months and staff had turns in choosing. It certainly provided variety!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your post. We have been witht the Air force for 20 years, so the only "art" we see are pics of planes. Very refreshing to see what goes on in the corporate world.