Monday, August 1, 2011

Seen-It-Sunday

First of all, I'd like to welcome the new readers that have subscribed to my blog this week - there's been a few more than normal, so welcome! I'd like to let you know that my blog has been quite light on actual quilting this week as I am out of state on vacation. Give me one more week and I'll be home and back to my applique projects!

I'm still trying to entertain you all while I'm on vacation though, so tonight I have a Seen-It-Sunday post, and in honor of the name of my blog, I've chosen items that are all about applique. Not necessarily quilts, but applique nonetheless!

First up is a twist on the ticker tape quilt idea. Fabric on an art frame...

Doesn't it look great?! You can see the project HERE.

Next is some kitchen art.

I am in love with this idea, and I can promise you that it WILL be making an appearance in my kitchen! Sticking cutlery on top of fabric is totally applique, right? RIGHT?!! Idea found HERE.

And thirdly, how about some real honest-to-goodness applique. I love these raw-edge appliqued leaves.
You can see them on Flickr HERE. Can you imagine how soft and fluffy the edges will be after a few washes? Also on my love list is this more traditionally done applique.
I do have a thing for traditional patterns done in modern fabrics, and this fits the bill quite nicely. Read more about them HERE.

2 comments:

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Fabulous ideas here Joanna, and have a nice time away!! xo

Deb said...

I love the idea of the cutlery on fabric!! I may borrow that idea for my kitchen also!

Deb