Monday, August 1, 2011

Finally, Some Applique!

Yes folks, you read that right - I have some applique to show you today! I am just doing a simple little block, and it is the perfect size for me to complete during the remainder of our vacation here in Utah.
I was looking at the beautiful Joel Dewberry fabrics I bought last week, and wanted to use one of them as a border. But what to put in the middle? The answer came from the fabric itself. I just mimicked the shape of the leaves and added some flowers using the colors (light blue and deep mauve) in the Joel Dewberry focus fabric.

Now to stitch!

2 comments:

Elzaan said...

I used that exact idea with a project of mine. I wanted to make a pillow case, and used the fabric I wanted as the border, to help me create the medallion centre. Love the finished product to bits!

Barb said...

Love the Dewberry