Saturday, August 20, 2011

More Fabric Storage

I think I really got the fabric organizing bug yesterday, so today back to Home Depot I went to get two more plastic carts for my older fabrics!

When I say older fabrics, I mean fabrics from my stash that I barely use. They are mostly from the years 2000-2006, and while I once loved them, they're not my go-to fabrics anymore. However, I still find myself using them now and then when I need a certain something and nothing from my 'new' fabric stash will work.

They were a mes! Half of it was stuffed into these green fabric totes and boxes, and not organized at all...

And the other half was just hanging out on some shelves in another room...

Now the space on the shelves looks like this...(those two totes are holding the batiks that I found! Woo Hoo!)

And the green totes look like this...

And my new "old" fabric stash looks like this...
It's all sorted into colors and neatly put away. This has been years in the making and in the end it took me all of 2 hours. Go figure.

Yay for organization!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So the plastic box collection begins...

Jan said...

I use the plastic boxes too, they are great as you can see whats in there and it is very neat too. Good work.

Deb said...

Wow!! You did a FABULOUS job!! It is going to be SO easy to find that just right fabric that you need. I am so excited for you!! My hat goes off to you!!

Deb