Sunday, August 7, 2011

Seen-It-Sunday

This week I've thinking about my house back in New Hampshire and all the things I want to do with it when I get home, especially my quilt room. This led to a search on Flickr and Pinterest for quilt rooms to gather idea. What a feast for the eyes can be found there!

So for your viewing pleasure, here are some of my favorite ideas for a quilt/sewing/craft area...

My very favorite quilt studio ever belongs to the fabric designer Heather Bailey. Here is a glimpse of it...
Have a look HERE for more pics of her fabulous room.

I have a thing for furniture with cubby holes - so perfect to tuck pieces of fabric, threads, buttons and bows into...

It's not the decor in the next photo that inspires me, but the amount of tables and people in the room! I would LOVE to have a quilting space big enough to invite all my friends over to sew and craft to their hearts content!
Original image found HERE.

Loving these pink drawers filled with fabric. It pleases the girly girl in me!
Original image found HERE.

I love the clean simplicity of this fabric and ribbon storage area...
You can see more of it HERE, including a tutorial on how to organize those ribbons so wonderfully!

Could this possibly be the best chair for a quilt room EVER?!!
Find more pics of it HERE.

Got some old cake pans? Then make yourself one of these...

or this...

or this...(found HERE)

How about the prettiest tins I've ever seen? I couldn't find the original photo but it was uploaded by Smila's World. There is plenty of other eye candy to see on her Flickr photostream.

And lastly, an addition I will definitely be making to my quilt space, a ladder holding quilts. I found an old wooden one on the side of the road a couple of years ago and it's just sitting around doing nothing. It needs quilts hanging on it like such...
Found HERE.

I found most of these images on Pinterest, which is the most amazing place to search through ever! You can find my boards at http://pinterest.com/quiltrelish/

Happy Sunday :D

5 comments:

Marg said...

Pinterest and flickr are great for finding lots of fabulous ideas. Love the ideas you have found.

Anonymous said...

Loved the post thank you for sharing

Deb said...

What a great idea to search Pinterest and internet for sewing room ideas! I think I may do the same. I am trying to finalize what color combination I am going to have. The room is painted a soft brownish/beige with white trim. I'm thinking red for some POP.

Deb
PS: If you drive back across Interstate 80 on your way home...you HAVE to stop in Elkhorn, IA and visit their quilt shop. Prairie Star Quilts. The whole town is fun actually.

Patsy Thompson said...

Oh man, I thought I had a nice workspace until I read this post! Thanks so much for sharing these great photos and ideas!

Barb said...

what a fun post. I loved seeing all those great ideas for a sewing room. I'm in totally love with the pink dresser!