Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Shattered!

When I was unpacking our suitcases last week, I was so happy that nothing I had bought had been broken on the plane ride home. Nothing had opened, ripped, been smashed, or lost. Until I got to the very bottom of the very last bag I unpacked. I pulled off the last piece of clothing and underneath were the giant pair of decorative scissors I had bought back HERE. They, along with my mood, were shattered!
I had stupidly presumed they were made from wood, but of course they weren't. They were ceramic! Aargh! I would have packed and padded them a lot more carefully if my brain had made that connection! Never fear though, I have superglue! I stuck them together...

sanded, and now have painted them. Right now they are white, but I may get some spray paint and change up the color. I'm thinking a huge pair of hot pink scissors might be the perfect accessory in my quilt studio!

7 comments:

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

You can get some of that Rub-on metal stuff in a silver metal for the blades portion. I'd love to see a huge pair of hot pink scissors! It'd make a terrific statement to your sewing studio.

Sharon said...

Great fix!

Elzaan said...

My heart is broken with yours!!!
Great repair though!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Go on...paint them hot pink...they will match your blog too :o) Everything is better when its made rosy! (pun intended)

Shannon Gillman Orr said...

paint them pink! They will completely fit in. So sorry they broke on the plane.

Tawny said...

Phew! I'm glad you were able to fix them. My heart dropped when I saw them broken. Those scissors were such a good find. Hot pink is terrific!

AnnA said...

Teal Blue

~a