Saturday, June 22, 2013

X&Y are for BOY!

Just to get it out of the way, yep I know the A-Z Challenge finished almost 2 months ago yet here I am finishing up the alphabet...having said that, on with the show!

7 weeks ago my good friend had baby number 5, which conveniently for the A-Z challenge was a boy, so I get to combine X and Y in one post!

Here are a few photos I took of baby Caden just an hour old...






And here are some from 2 days ago when we went to a local lake. He was 7 weeks old!










He is just adorable. He's at that perfect age where they have learned to smile and can smile all day long!

I had known at their 20 week ultrasound that they were having a boy but they didn't! I knew for quilt-making purposes only! The ultrasound tech typed the words "Oh Boy" at the bottom of the picture revealing his boy bits, and handed it to me. I immediately knew his quilt needed to say, "Oh Boy" somewhere, so this is what I came up with...



I'm in the process of writing it up as a pattern, and I also have a girl version mostly made, which says, "My Girl". As a bonus, when you make the zig zags, you are left with dozens of cute little half square triangle units which you can then turn into a baby bag, which I'll also put in the pattern. One side blue, one side yellow! (The following photos were taken with my phone - sorry...they're typical phone quality pics!)





You can even fit your baby into the bag as you can see here...

Cuteness overload, I know!